A smile makeover is high on the list for many. It allows you to get a whole new look and change whatever you dislike about your smile. You may be wondering about how much that might cost.
Smile makeovers come in many different shapes and sizes, and they’re tailored to the specific person’s needs. For example, double-arched braces and teeth whitening could cost around $8000. If you want veneers, they can cost $800 to $2000 per tooth.
You probably still have many questions about dental services and smile makeovers. Don’t worry; we’ll delve deeper into the types of treatments available.
What Types of Dental Services Provide a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover can provide a nice boost in confidence, but as we said above, they are tailored to what you need.
Below, we’ll round up what treatments are out there to help in your quest for a smile makeover.
- Teeth Whitening: If your teeth are in good condition but could do with some sprucing up in the color department, whitening might be the right avenue for you. The prices vary for teeth whitening, depending on how thorough they are.
- Veneers: Veneers have grown in popularity in recent years, but the caveat is that your existing teeth will be shaved down to place the veneer on top. Also, they need to be replaced every 5 to 10 years, so they can prove to be costly.
- Braces: If there are gaps between your teeth, it could mean you could be a candidate for braces. These come in different shapes and sizes, meaning the cost for them varies. You can get standard train-track like braces, or you can get more hidden designs.
- Dental implant: Dental implants are a great way forward if you have missing teeth and you are in a position to get them. They can cost around $3000 per tooth, so it can be a costly endeavor.
- Dental bonding: This particular treatment can change the shape of your teeth by adding material to it.
- Tooth-colored fillings: These are the same color as the tooth to blend in with the other teeth, creating a better smile.
- Crown: If some of your teeth are decaying or have cavities, a crown could be used to cover the problem areas. This is typically bonded to the tooth with dental cement.
There are many dental services out there, but the above are the most common in people looking to get that coveted smile makeover. Always speak to a dentist if you have any questions about procedures. They will be the best people to handle any questions and let you know of any concerns they might have about the procedures.
Should You Get A Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is not for everyone, but it’s an excellent way of making a plan of action for people who want to overhaul their look.
While many people who want a smile makeover have wanted one for years, many get them because of changes that are out of their control. An injury or accident is a common reason for getting a dental makeover.
It’s not uncommon for a smile to be changed due to an injury, and some of these can be very severe, meaning that more work needs to be carried out.
Here are some issues people might have with their smiles:
- Crooked teeth: Getting a smile corrected can be challenging, but getting crooked teeth fixed is not that difficult. Braces can help with that.
- Dull teeth: Smoking, fizzy drinks, red wine, and coffee can negatively impact the color of teeth. Getting whitening treatment can prove to be a crucial way to bring a bright smile back.
- Overbite: Overbites are common, and for many, they can be detrimental to their smile, explaining why many people get braces to correct them. This usually involves tooth extraction to make space to pull the teeth back to get rid of an overbite.
- Receding gum line: A receding gum line can be caused by many different medical conditions, but it can adversely affect your smile.
Pick the Right Smile for You
People can pick and choose the best avenue for their smile makeover, including what type of treatment is right for them and how many changes they would like to make.
The crucial part of getting any sort of work completed involves a certain level of research. If a dentist is cheaper than others in the area, it doesn’t automatically make them the best one for the job. Always be sure to do your research and look at testimonials. This will allow you to make an informed decision about whether they are doing the best job for you.
Contact First Dental for complete dental care. Call to book an appointment with Somerville Dentist or Medford Dentist or Avon Dentist today!